February 15, 2012

Fabulous Book


As I have mentioned before, my son, Cowen, is obsessed with George Washington. George Washington and Captain Moroni. Not bad heroes for a little boy to have.

We've read a lot of books about George Washington at our house, but recently Cowen brought the Jim Murphy book, The Crossing: How George Washington Saved the American Revolution, home from the library. It is fantastic.

Although the book is aimed for the upper-elementary crowd, my younger kids loved all 85 pages. The writing is larger than normal and there are lots of maps and illustrations, but it is still a good-sized book to read aloud. We started out reading a chapter a night, but then read the second half of the book in one sitting because none of us wanted to stop. It really is fantastic. Get it from the library and enjoy!!

PS--No, I am not re-entering the blogging world. I have never before existed at this level of busyness and I am not handling it as well as I could hope. Someday I will blog again full-time, but right now I am only blogging when there is a book too good to not share.

2 comments:

  1. Dang! :) Well, I will keep my eyes peeled for your book reviews as they come. :) Excellent book suggestion -- I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation and the brief pop in! :)

    ReplyDelete