June 30, 2014

Viking Era Historical Fiction Reviews from Miriam



Argh, I am behind AGAIN!  I forgot to post this way back when we finished the Viking Era (800-1000 AD).  Miriam was unwilling to go into great detail about these books, but she did give them star rankings, which I hope is helpful.  

Miriam turned 11 this month (wowsers) and she enjoys books at grade level and significantly higher.




Viking Quest books, including Raiders from the Sea, by Lois Walfrid Johnson.  Miriam: I loved them.  I would give them 10 stars.

(That's a crazy high recommendation.  These were by far her favorite "assigned" books she's read so far this year.)



The Namesake: A Story of King Alfred by C. Walter Hodges.  Miriam: 3 stars; I liked it. 



Black Fox of Lorne by Marguerite de Angeli.  Miriam: I loved it, 5 stars.


Beorn the Proud by Madeleine Polland.  Miriam: I liked it, 4 stars.




The Shipwreck by Jorn Riel.  Miriam: I liked it, 4 stars.

There you have it.  Miriam might be getting the Raiders From the Sea series for Christmas.  Shhhh, don't tell.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment