February 3, 2014

Let's Go a'Viking!: Unit Overview

My good friend told me that she was super excited to see my Viking unit.  She shouldn't have been.  Since my kids have been obsessed with Vikings and all things Thor (no, they haven't seen any of the movies) for ages, I cut this part of Medieval history pretty short.

Day One:



Day Two:


Day Three (this works out to a short day for us because of Miriam's sewing class):
  • Read The Vikings by Robert Nicholson and Claire Watts

Day Four

Day Five

I laugh at myself for my obsession with having my children play Timeline, but I always had (have) such a weak grasp of the historical timeline that I want my childrne to have a better chance of seeing the big picture so they can fill in the gaps later, rather than only having a lot of specific knowledge and no big picture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment