September 27, 2010

Teeth Books

We read a LOT of books about teeth. Losing your first tooth is a very popular subject, apparently, and has spawned numerous bad books. I know--I read through dozens before picking the best of the lot to bring home and read to my children.

Here are my favorite books from our teeth unit:

Toot and Puddle: Charming Opal by Holly Hobbie. I love all the Toot and Puddle books, and this is definitely the most charming "losing your first tooth" book that we read.




George Washington's Teeth by Deborah Chandra and Madeleine Comora.

This was a huge hit in our house because it was interesting and my son is obsessed with George Washington. If you look online, you can find lots of pictures of George Washington's fake teeth. Pretty cool, actually.




Throw Your Tooth on the Roof: Tooth Traditions from Around the World by Selby B. Beeler. (Did you know that some Eskimo tribes put the tooth in food of some sort and feed it to a female dog? I didn't!)

The School Play by Rosemary Wells.

Why Do We Need to Brush Our Teeth by Isaac Asimov.

ABC Dentist: Healthy Teeth from A to Z by Harriet Ziefert.

PS--Sorry I haven't posted in forever. I am teaching a course for a local university and it takes a lot of time to put together a course for the first time. I have grand intentions though, so don't give up on me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment