January 22, 2013

The Truth Hurts

Miriam (my oldest) went to basketball practice tonight.  When I picked her up she told me that she'd had a lengthy discussion with an older girl--the coach's daughter--about homeschooling versus public school.  I asked what the other girl had said and Miriam replied that the girl thought homeschooling sounded "boring."

So then I asked Miriam what she said.

Miriam: "I told her that homeschooling was lots of fun because you have lots of free time and you get to see your relatives a lot and you get to go fun places."

In my head: "Yay, yay, yay!"

Miriam: "And I told her that when your mom is pregnant you have a lot less work."

In my head: "Sigh."

Then I thought of one of my favorite musicals--The Happiest Millionaire--when they sing the song, "Let's Have a Drink On It Now!"

If you're not familiar with the song the chorus goes something like this:

Well well well, let's 'ave a drink on it, as me father used to say! When the truth is nobly spoken, it's respect ye've got to pay! So fill yer cup an' lift it up and *clink*, here's how! No shilly-shallyin', no dilly-dallyin', let's 'ave a drink on it now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment