December 15, 2010

Fishing Books

In our study of fish, we read quite a few books about fishing. They were fun. Here are our favorites:

Just Fishing WIth Grandma by Gina and Mercer Mayer.
Grandad's Fishing Buddy by Mary Quigley.
Gus and Grandpa Go Fishing by Claudia Mills.
A Good Day's Fishing by James Prosek.
Dirty and Dangerous Jobs: Deep Sea Fishing by William David Thomas.
This last book scared Emeline. It talks about all the hazards of deep sea fishing. Death, body parts getting cut off, freezing--that sort of thing. My son LOVED it. Sometimes boys disturb me. If you have a boy--I highly recommend this book.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Did you see the response? December has been crazy...barely any time for anything. I'm so glad I stopped by to check on your latest school adventures though. We're just getting ready to start an ocean unit. I was so excited to see that you recently studied fish. Wa-hoo! Amazing timing. :) Thanks for all the great ideas yet again.

    ReplyDelete