March 24, 2010

Found: Library Treasure

I have a sister. A strange, red-headed, poem-lovin' sister who used to go around yelling, "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" For that reason, I'm fairly fond of the Lewis Carroll poem, "Jabberwocky."

I was delighted the other day when I was at the library and quite by accident happened upon Jabberwocky illustrated by Joel Stewart. It is delightful!! It is just the poem, illustrated with a bizzare collection of creatures and a knight aka the beamish boy.

My children are in love with this book. Here is what my five year old son, who didn't know I was there watching him look through the book for the umpteenth time, had to say. And I quote: "I love this book."

And you might too! You'll have to put it on hold at the Davis County Library and force us to return it, because I don't think my son is letting go of it any time soon.

Enjoy!

1 comment: